John Linneman loves Streets of Rage 4. In fact, we all do. It’s a retro-themed game powered by modern technology that delivers a unique, brutally wonderful experience. In this special episode, we take a look at what makes this series so good – and how it’s taken to the next level in Streets of Rage 4.
Subscribe for more Digital Foundry: http://bit.ly/DFSubscribe
Join the DF Patreon, support the team more closely and directly – and get pristine quality video downloads: https://www.digitalfoundry.net
- Rage Quit – The Impossible Game Level Pack: Level 2 | Rooster Teeth
- Streets of Rage 4 – ALL SECRET LEVELS / How to Unlock All Secret Stages – Easter Eggs Bosses
- Streets of Rage Trilogy – The Best Beat 'Em Ups Of All Time! (Sega Genesis Retro Game Review)
- Rage Quit – Monopoly Streets | Rooster Teeth
- ALL – RETRO 16 Bit SECRET BOSSES in Streets of Rage 4 – DLC Mr X Nightmare All New Bosses
- Streets of Rage 4 – Official Retro Reveal Trailer
- Streets of Rage – Retro Let's Play: Co-Optitude Ep 24
- Streets of Rage 4 – Retro Reveal
- Ein Traum von einem Retro-Prügler | Streets of Rage 4 mit Simon (Komplett)
- Retro Mondays – Streets Of Rage Review Totalbiscuit
- RIVER CITY GIRLS – Even Better Than Streets of Rage 4 !? – Retro Gaming History
- Morgan Willis – Rage
- Nolan North and Troy Baker Fight Through the Streets of Rage
- Nightcrawler – Blood Rage
- Streets Of Rage: The Complete History | RETRO GAMING DOCUMENTARY
16 thoughts on “DF Retro EX – Streets of Rage 4: The DF Tech Review + Series Retrospective”
Had my doubts…I felt that SOR4 May spoil the legacy and I have been skeptical and resistant to buying..
After watching your excellent breakdown I have just placed my order and after 25 years I am excited to return to the Streets of Rage!
Love Bare Knuckle 3 so much
this should have at least 1 million views not that guy rapping over the music
I love this deep dive into Streets of Rage (especially 4). I am buying this game real soon! Thanks DF!
One of the best games of 2020. Streets of rage is back baby!!!!
I'm playing the game right now and it's pretty epic, especially the soundtrack. looking forward to working on some of the harder trophies for this one
Check out Mother Russia Bleeds if you haven’t already
17:06 whoa careful there underestimating the GODLIKE and actually underrated imo Final Fight… some enemies get off the ground at randomly varying speeds, something lacking in SoR games including 4 for instance, and they most certainly do have fairly complex 'footsies' patterns eg 2P/J who will just dodge straight through you at times if he feels like it, or wait patiently just outside of range. Yes enemies like Andore are more straightforward in their approach but even there the amount of time they choose to wait out of range varies a LOT, causing many a missed and punished fly kick. Final Fight 2024 (revealed in the recent Capcom leak) will hopefully surpass SoR4 but until then yes it is the greatest brawler of all time imo. Top contenders from the past for me are Final Fight (not the bad sequels though), SoR2, Sengoku 3 and Guardian Heroes.
Also, surely it isnt just me who is an infighting troll in these games… some coverage of in-fghting would be appreciated. If you ever feel you are growing bored with one of these games… try it!
Axel was always my favorite in 1, 2 and 3. And he'll clearly be my favorite in 4 when I get it.
I just have this to say: Welcome back Streets of Rage. You have been missed!
If I had only two games to play streets of rage and pitfall probably the best two games ever produced
I am really loving it on switch
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was most popular beat em up here, always very crowded on arcades and from earliest total beat em up hits was Growl
man, this vid really makes me appreciate SoR4 way more than I already did.
Playing double dragon with my cousins in the summer vacation are some of my best childhood memories
recently brought and completed it and I can't say a single bad thing about it. It's everything it had to be. These guys know how to please the fans.
Comments are closed.